Have you ever wanted to stand behind a traditional Italian chef, pick his/her brain and watch and learn ? Well fortunately for me, Antonio’s dad loves to cook. Last night he was preparing my favorite dish, bruschetta, and I was able to document his every move.
His bruschetta changes based upon the season and what vegetables he has available in the kitchen.
- Gather vegetables available. Last night we had tomatoes, purple onion, red pepper and zucchini.
- Cut the vegetables and then place in a saute pan.
- Add olive oil, fresh basil, dried oregano and salt
- Saute vegetables
- Find whatever cheese is available in the fridge: Pecorino grate onto the vegetables
- Gather sliced bread in my case Gluten free
- Spread the mixture onto each slice of bread
- Bake in the oven 10 minutes
Ahhhh………la dolce vita!